Car Battery Replacement Near Me in Mt. Hope, ON
Before 1920, most cars didn’t need a battery because electric starter motors were not in widespread use.But assuming you purchased your car at some point within the last 100 years, your car needs a battery to run. If your car’s battery is dead, malfunctioning, or underperforming, you need to get it inspected and possibly replaced.
If your car’s battery is dead, or if you’ve been noticing electrical problems with your vehicle, you might be searching, “car battery replacement near me”, “how to change a car battery”, “car battery change near Mt. Hope”, or something similar. If so, McPhail Auto can help. Here’s what you need to know about changing car batteries.
“Who can replace my car battery near me in Mt. Hope?”
McPhail Auto can change your battery! We provide battery replacements and repairs to battery trays and other electrical components within vehicles. We serve drivers in the Mt. Hope region of Ontario.
“What battery should I replace my old one with?”
Cost is a top-of-mind concern for many drivers but getting the cheapest battery may cost you more in the long run. This is because a battery with higher battery capacity, battery life, and length of battery warranty typically costs more. However, if it provides better battery longevity, it will be worth the few extra dollars upfront.
What makes a good car battery?
A good battery for your vehicle is one that:
- Sits flush in the battery tray. Batteries that don’t fit properly often get damaged from excess vibration.
- Meets or exceeds the Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) rating recommended in your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
- Has sufficient Reserve Capacity (RC). The RC determines how long electrical accessories can run while preserving enough power to start your engine.
- Offers the most capacity possible.This is especially important for driving in the extreme cold, which Mt. Hope drivers do. The colder the temperature gets below freezing, the less effective a battery’s performance typically is.
- For example, if a battery operates at 100% of its cranking power at +27ºC, by the time the temperature drops to -18ºC, it will have lost about 40% of its power. Even if it was fully charged to begin with.
Other important battery information
Today’s automobiles are far more advanced than those ones from before 1920. But even though vehicles are more efficient than ever before, they’re also a lot tougher on batteries. This is largely because of the various internal systems. Because of this, it’s wise to schedule regular battery maintenance, to inspect your battery and your vehicle’s electronic functions. With our changing seasons, cold winters and short hot, and humid summers, your vehicles battery gets used a lot- heat, air conditioning, defrost, all place wear on the battery system.
McPhail Auto offers car battery replacements near you in Mt. Hope, ON
There’s no need to keep searching for, “car battery change near me”, if you’re in the Mt. Hope area of Ontario, just come to McPhail Auto. We can change your car’s battery and offer any electrical component or battery repairs you need.
To get a quote on a battery replacement for your vehicle, or any other type of auto service, please click here. To learn more about car batteries, or any of our other products and services, please contact us via our website or call 905-545-6240